An avid baker, Latasha brings the technical precision and attention to detail learned from over two decades as a pâtissiere to her legal practice. A legal artisan, crafting results by combining the right resources, facts and law, Latasha earned a reputation for successfully resolving complex business disputes through litigation and arbitration, skillfully negotiating commercial real estate and corporate transactions, and deftly navigating complex government investigations. In addition to corporate law and business torts, Latasha has substantial knowledge of financial institutions, the transportation industry, and government contracting.
Before joining Ehrenstein|Sager, Latasha served as Assistant General Counsel for the Florida Department of Transportation, an $11 billion transportation agency, where she served as the agency’s Chief Legal Counsel for Contracts and Special Projects, representing the agency in complex transactional matters, negotiating and drafting contracts and commercial leases, advising the agency on construction, maintenance and utility claims, preparing grant and federal aid agreements, and managing outside litigation counsel. Prior to her role at the Florida Department of Transportation, Latasha was a litigation partner in a boutique business law firm where her practice included all areas of dispute resolution including litigation, trial, mediation, and arbitration. Latasha began her legal career in New York City, gaining invaluable complex commercial litigation experience at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP and Shearman & Sterling.
- Juris Doctor, Loyola University School of Law, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Houston, 1999
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Transportation Lawyers Association Committee – Member
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association
- Business Law Section, Florida Bar
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Loyola University New Orleans Alumni Association